Release 5.0 for cloudlayer.io includes a ton of improvements and new features.
We have been hard at work on the next release, and I am very excited to announce that it's finally out the door! We rewrote our UI completely to lay a better foundation for our future plans. In addition, we add a ton of backend features.
Asynchronous API Calls
Asynchronous API calls will allow you to call our API and the long-running processes to occur in the background. You can check the progress later or provide a webhook URL to notify you of completion.
Read more on Async in the docs.
Multiple storage methods got added to allow for complete flexibility.
Cloud Storage lets users store their assets in their cloudlayer.io account. When using Cloud Storage, your assets get served using edge caching servers across the globe for instant access.
User Storage lets users bring their storage. You can use any S3 compatible storage, and all assets will be processed and uploaded to your storage. In addition, all credentials you provide are encrypted and stored securely.
No Storage is something we currently support and always will. However, customers with data sensitivity requirements prefer to have their data processed and never stored.
Read more on storage in the docs.
Webhooks is a feature that completes the asynchronous API calls feature we added. It's optional, but getting an immediate response upon completion is very simple and instant with webhooks.
- Jobs API Endpoints lists your jobs and view jobs by id using the API.
- Storage API Endpoints let you manage and view your user storage methods.
- Assets API Endpoints allow you to manage and view your assets stored in the cloudlayer.io Cloud Storage.
- We have integrated with Zapier for our first no-code integration. Check out our Zapier integration and let us know what you think.
We rewrote the dashboard completely. But most importantly, it supports a dark theme! :)
- New Fresh UI
- Dark/Light Themes
- Projects support to help you organize your assets/jobs and to share them with other users.
- List views, with better filtering and details views for troubleshooting.
- Support integration for better real-time support.
- Tighter integration with our payment system lets you add your billing information, update your billing details, tax information, etc., without leaving the app.
- Qualify of life improvements across the board.